Sunday 17 September 2017

The Scottish National Trail - Blackburn bothy to Loch Lochy

Blackburn of Corrieyairack bothy to Loch Lochy 
11 miles/7 hours

Click on bottom right of video to view full screen

I set off from Fort Augustus after descending from Blackburn bothy.
Upon arrival in the village, I have a stroll down to Loch Ness and then stock up on supplies before I begin to follow the Caledonian Canal towards Laggan Locks, following the old Invergarry railway line along the banks of Loch Oich.


In the second half of the video I stop for lunch at Loch Oich before continuing along the old railway line to Invergarry Station where I rejoin the canal towpath and continue on the Great Glen Way to Laggan Locks. From Laggan locks I continue to follow the Great Glen Way for a short distance to reach a fine camping spot at Loch Lochy, a few miles short of Mandally.

No comments:

Post a Comment